Sunday, April 3, 2011

Have Faith and Don't Lose Heart.

I received some BEAUTIFUL flowers for my birthday!







I didn't go to church today, but I did go last week. I loved the sermon - it was about having faith.

I never thought of it before, but the pastor said that the opposite of faith is anxiety. I was glad that he gave an explanation of what faith is, because it's really something I don't fully understand, or at least it's difficult to wrap your head around.

I've always believed that God has a specific plan for my life and that He will provide for me, but I don't think that I have fully trusted him in that and have given my worries completely to God, until recently.

I used to suffer extreme stress and had migraines often. I'm a very strategic person, so it's especially difficult for me to NOT think about making specific plans for my life, including decisions about career, second-guessing my performance in school and worrying about if I am devoting myself enough to the community around me. It's hard for me to not be in full control.

One day, I realized that worrying and stressing was getting me nowhere... except I spent a lot of money on Excedrine Migraine.

One of my favorite quotes that hangs on a decorative plaque in my room is, "The future comes one day at a time."

I was always (am sometimes still) so concerned about where I'm going and if I am doing the right things to be on the right path for my life. I am constantly reminding myself that, as long as I am continuously being myself and developing my leadership skills and strengthening my abilities, and seeking God, it will all work out! God has a plan for me. It is not my job to make life plans for myself.

When I am faithful that God has a remarkable plan for my life, my anxiety diminishes. I had one of those ah-ha moments in church when the pastor explained this.

A close friend of mine came to me tonight who is struggling with something similar. We talked about the importance of giving your stress up to God and trusting that, as long as you are developing yourself and working to be a better person, he will make your paths straight.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Can any of you by worrying add a single hour of span to your life? If then you are not able to do so simple a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:25-26

No stressing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment