Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up.

There are three consistent, overarching values that are important in my life that I work to exemplify every day – contributing to the betterment of the world, educating others and encouraging others to act.

During my senior year in high school, through my involvement in both speech and debate and broadcast journalism, I learned that through public speaking and the venue of mass media, I am able to achieve my priorities in life.

I will never forget watching Diane Sawyer’s mini documentary, “A Hidden America: Children of the Mountains,” and realizing that I, too, could educate people on tragedies that are overlooked, and could tell evoking stories that are formerly unheard.

I also am a huge proponent of communities and “keeping it local,” as my hometown’s Chamber of Commerce calls it. There is nothing that I would love more than to serve a community as a television anchor for a local news station. I am passionate about camaraderie in communities and I think that local news stations reinforce that concept on a daily basis.

I am also extremely patriotic and realize that truthful, credible information to the public is vital for a healthy democracy.

I feel fortunate that, at a considerably young age, I have recognized what I want to devote my talents, energy and time to, and am glad that I am already fervent to begin working in the broadcast journalism industry.

My goal as a broadcast journalist is to serve others through my work; that may seem simple, but I think that as long as I pursue that goal, I will not veer off track from being an exceptional journalist. I plan to pursue this goal through a career as a TV news reporter, anchor or producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment